Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Year in Review

I apologize for being fairly absent over the last week. As you know, we got sick, but Libby really got it bad. We finally took her to the doctor to get some medicine to stop her vomiting after 4 days of her not being able to eat anything without throwing up. That was Thursday, and she's still trying to get some energy back. She still isn't eating much, but she is at least able to nurse a lot and is keeping it down.

Anyway, since I didn't get this out before the New Year (did that really happen? It is a fog in my memory), here it is now. Here's a bit of a recap of our last year, beginning with little Libby, at barely 21 months old, "listening" to her soon-to-arrive sibling's heartbeat.


This is Scott and Libby near the end of my labor with Hudson. The looks on their faces pretty much sum up the way everyone present feels at the end of my long, drawn-out home births.

And so our family's third (first one being Daddy and Mommy's, second one being when Libby was born) love story began on the snowiest day in January. As you can tell, my pelvis was very unkind to his poor face.



















We have had a year full of growth, blessings, love, giggles, tears, and sleepy mornings. I look forward to this next year of more growth, new adventures, lots more giggles, lots more love, and many more blessings. I wish you a very happy New Year, and I pray that your next year will be full of whatever you wish it to be full of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful year in review.

here's to a blessed 2009!

Unknown said...

Thanks Courtney! May your 2009 be very blessed as well=)

Anonymous said...

I hope you know (and I think you do!) how very lucky you are to have such a sweet family. I look at your pics and it takes me back to when we were a young(er) family like that. It is so important to cherish every stage and every day since they go so very quickly by. Sorry to hear that you have all been sick, not a very fun way to start out the new year. This too shall pass.....
Dawn

Unknown said...

Dawn, I even think about when I first me you a year and a half ago when we moved in, when I was unpacking stuff out of the car and you and Randy walked over and helped me take stuff in. Libby wasn't even walking then, and it was (shortly;)) before I got pregnant with Hudson. My, so much has changed in that year and a half! With small children, a year is full of so much!
Yeah, I'm hoping that we have fulfilled our sickness quota for the year.