Thursday, January 8, 2009

Embracing the soft

The theme over at Shutter Sisters on Tuesday was A Softer Side. The idea was to take a second glance at those blurry/out of focus/not quite right pictures instead of just deleting them or throwing them away and seeing if maybe, just maybe they hold something beautiful. Or even better yet, making a photo soft (read out of focus) on purpose to see just what turns out. I actually did this on purpose several weeks ago. Libby had taken the cushions off the couch (a regular occurrence) and was jumping back and forth between them on the floor. I wanted to get a shot of her that showed her movement from one cushion to another (although a still shot of her in mid-air would have been cool, too). Here is how it turned out. Once I looked at these I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder if this is how people get those 'there's a ghost in my house!' pictures."

And, just for smiles, I thought I'd show you how Libby was helping me vacuum the floor yesterday evening. She gets out her popper and goes throughout the room with me, popping right along. My little helper =) And don't miss the little guy, peeking over my shoulder!

Have a wonderful day, friends!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the popper. I must get that for my little man as he always wants to be my helper!

Unknown said...

That popper was a thorn in my side for quite a while ;) Then once she got the idea to "sweep" with it when I vacuum, I just put it in the utility room with my vacuum so she only ever (usually) gets it when I vacuum.

carrhop said...

Love the 'blurry' challenge! Too fun!

And that sweet face peeking over your shoulder is just precious!

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Octamom! It was fun to see what I could come up with, even though I did this a few weeks before it was a topic on Shutter Sisters.

Hudson is so fair skinned that I figured if I didn't mention that he was there, at least a few people would miss him.

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Unknown said...

Welcome (back) to blogging! And thanks for stopping by my blog. You're welcome to stop back by anytime, especially if you want to be renewed ;)