Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monday Menu


Once again, cinnamon rolls and milk have nothing to do with this week's menu, but, they're oh so yummy!

I have to say that last week went very well. Scott was home several days for delays and classes canceled, and those days are always a bit off (in a good way! we love having Daddy home). So, not every day went quite as planned, but overall it went well. I stuck to the menu except for a few days when we celebrated Hudson's birthday (though those days were still home cooked meals at my mother's house). Thanks for taking this renewal journey with me! I hope you are getting a bit of renewal yourself!

So, here we are:

Monday: Marriage Monday
Tuesday: Split pea and potato soup w/ warm homemade bread
Wednesday: Chili casserole
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Cheeseburger soup
Saturday: Laura's casserole
Sunday: Leftovers

Again, if anyone wants recipes for any of these meals, I'll be happy to share! Just leave me a comment specifying which meal!

Have a wonderful week, my friends. Go and be renewed!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Okay - your chili casserole and cheeseburger soup sound very interesting. I may need recipes :)
I have had this menu planning thing nagging at me for a while now. if you can do it, so can I! I have no idea where to begin.... I'll end up putting it off.

Unknown said...

Hey Jess! Both of the recipes that you mentioned are out of an Amish and Mennonite cookbook that I have. We haven't tried the chili casserole yet, but we have tried the cheeseburger soup. The soup is kind of like a potato with ground beef soup...very yummy! I have been the same with the menu planning, starting it and then not following through. That's why I decided to post my menus on here, so I know I will do it. The only thing is for me to follow through on making the meals, which I did last week. It's very fulfilling for me to provide home cooked food for my family, especially for Scott, who has been working hard with his kindergartners and is always very hungry when he gets home.
I'll post the recipes later today.