Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Truth

I meant to post the recipes that my friend Jessie asked about yesterday, but I ended up holding and rocking and nursing Hudson for about 10 hours straight and didn't get anything done. He and Libby both have had runny noses and coughs, but Hudson's turned infectiony and he had a fever and wanted nothing but Mama. So, I will get to the recipes soon (sorry, Jessie!).

Now, for some truth!

Excerpt from Daily Wisdom for Mothers:

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.'"
John 14:6


Do you ever get lost? I am what you might call "directionally challenged." My children think it's pretty funny, seeing their old mom talking to herself in the front seat, repeating directions in chantlike manner, and praying quite a lot. Still, it seems that no matter how I try, I get lost on a regular basis. Of course, in my defense, Texas is a big place, and you can never return the same way you arrived. It's never a matter of simply reversing the directions.

Getting lost used to really frustrate and frighten me. Now, I consider it more of a fun adventure. I find that something good usually comes from it. For example, recently when I lost my way, I discovered this great garden shop with the most beautiful iron bench. Now that bench adorns our yard - it was meant to be! Other times, these extended trips in the SUV give us more family time - precious moments to laugh and share.

You see, it's all in the perspective. I no longer worry when I'm lost. I just enjoy the journey. Life is the same way. There's no sense worrying your way through each day - just enjoy the trip. After all, if we know Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we're on the right road because He is the Way!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy, this really spoke to me. I am not a good passenger when I get lost. I get impatient and I get snippy and I just want to get back on track. It is especially annoying that my husband thinks it's funny if we get lost.

When I really think about it, this is true even in our everyday lives. My husband is the one who is cool as a cucumber, and I am, well, the opposite of that. I get stressed out when my day doesn't go as planned, when the house is messy, and when the kids are grumpy (so, I have basically been stressed since before Christmas). I have been really trying, on this renewal journey, to focus on life, on my children, on my husband, and on Jesus (and, of course, on me!). After all, He is the way and the truth and the life. And, oh, the life that he gives is so sweet, isn't it? It is so sweet, when you allow Him to make it be.


I encourage you today, to go to Him, and see what He can do in your life.

Be still, enjoy today, and be renewed!



Oh, and my blog is being featured over on Crunchy Mama's blog today. I couldn't get the link to work right, so I'll just post the address here: http://www.crunchymama.co.uk
Go over and check it out! It's the second one down.

(Okay, I can't even get that to work. I guess her site is having some trouble. Try it, and if it doesn't work, try it again later.)

No comments: