Monday, February 27, 2012

Two years, and so much life


 My third and final baby turned two yesterday. Two years, and so much life, have gone by since her amazing home birth. I keep trying to find the words to describe my feelings, but I can't.

Three weeks after she was born, our family went through a trial that brought us closer to the breaking point than I ever want to be again. In a way, I think her birthday will always be a reminder of that for me. Remi Grace. In the two years since she was born, God has filled our lives with Grace abounding. She is a reminder of God's constant protection, constant guidance, and love overflowing. And, of course, His Grace. I can't imagine what our lives would be without it. I can't imagine what our lives would be without her.

God's Grace. My sweet Remi. My life is amazingly better because of both.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my sweet daughter, I think you found the perfect words! It's been an action-packed, and blessed, two years. Mom

kris said...

beautiful... I hope I have such words after 2 years... thanks for the note earlier, I'll get back to you later.

Unknown said...

Kristin, I hope my words came out like I meant them to. I am interested to hear your thoughts. You've got your eyes on Christ, the right focus. I KNOW in 2 years you will be saying the same thing :)