Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gently, He leads me

I was reading a passage in my Bible yesterday from Isaiah 40. I was reading along, the words telling me about how God comforts His people. When I got to verse 11, I stopped dead in my tracks. Have you ever had something just hit you right between the eyes? This did it for me.

Isaiah 40:11 "He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young." 

He gently leads those that have young. I don't know about you, but some days I wonder what in the world I am doing. Sometimes I feel lost, like I am screwing up everything around me, including my kids. My husband and I pray every single night that God would watch over our children, that He would show us how to be the very best parents for our children that we can be. This verse reminds me that He already has it covered. When I am worried about something regarding my children, He already has them close to His heart. When my husband and I are trying to figure out the best way to deal with something regarding discipline or consequences, He is already leading us.We just have to let Him. In the times when I feel the most out of control, I just need to stop, relax, and let Him lead me.


So be encouraged, those of you that have children. The great Shepherd already has your lambs snuggled close to His heart. And as for you: very gently, He leads you!


3 comments:

no spring chicken said...

Baby kisses! I can't tell you how I miss 'em...

Blessings, Debbie

Audry Cece said...

Beautiful post, and precious shots! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thank you. The baby kisses are sweet indeed. I am enjoying them while they last.