Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life

It was getting late in the day a few days ago, almost time to start working on supper. Everyone (yeah, including me :)) was cranky. We had had a late lunch, so I marched outside, told the kids to get their shoes on, and announced that we were going for a walk. I figured that would be better than to continue griping at one another.
I grabbed my camera at the last minute. All of these photos are "shot from the hip" which means that I wasn't looking through the view finder and focusing, I was literally snapping away from my hip area. All that to say, sorry if these aren't perfectly focused or are at a weird angle :)

Libby took her basketball so she could practice dribbling. Hudson took a baby in a stroller (because I wouldn't let him take a basketball; the boy can dribble alright, but I didn't really feel like chasing a ball the whole time). And Remi carried a baby.

I loved this dress on Libby when she was little, and am so happy to be able to use it again!

Yep, a bit of exercise and some sunshine was just what we needed.

I am becoming more and more familiar with this athletic daughter of mine, and can't wait to see what plans God has for her in the future. And Hudson, well this sweet boy continues to find new ways to melt my heart. The other day, as we were just beginning to eat supper, he said, "I wuv this. Thank you, Mommy!" There are lessons in every stage of life! I am sad for those who miss that.

My life is filled with so many blessings. These are the things that I need to remember when my heart is feeling attacked on every side, and I am weary from being "on" every minute of every day. These are some of the moments that I live for.



    "I wanna live like that, and give it all I have
    so that everything I say and do points to You.
    If love is who I am, then this is where I stand:
    recklessly abandoned, never holding back.
    I wanna live like that!"
    (Live Like That, by Sidewalk Prophets)

No comments: