Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Menu

Sorry about missing last week's menu. It was a good week, but a week where I didn't have much time to sit down at the computer. Like I said before, we watched Fireproof last Sunday night, and once I missed my opportunity to sit down and make the menu, I never got back around to doing it. That resulted in more eating out then we wanted (or could afford), and my renewed determination to menu plan. I can see the difference even this week. I didn't get around to making a menu last night, but I made myself sit down and make one up this morning. So, here it is!

I am making an effort to make every other meal without meat. I have never eaten or cooked vegetarian before, so I am lacking in meatless meal ideas. If anyone has any good recipes, please share in the comments section!!

Monday: Marriage Monday (I'm taking tortellini with pesto and feta cheese)
Tuesday: Grilled chicken with roasted brussel sprouts (the sprouts are from our Farmer's Market; I've never made them before or even tried them, but I want to grow some this Fall, so hopefully I like them!)
Wednesday: Bean burritos with rice
Thursday: Toaster oven baked tilapia with roasted brussel sprouts & asparagus
Friday: Vegetable and barley soup with biscuits
Saturday: Dinner in a package
Sunday: Dinner at my mom's house for my brother's birthday

I hope you have a great week! We are having a snowy start, but hopefully it will warm up again by the end of the week.

Tell me, are you ready for Spring yet? Since I have some green coming up already, the countdown to blooms has begun. I'll keep you updated on the progress!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am DYING for spring! I have so much to do outside and I actually feel inspired this year. We have straw all over our yard to keep the dogs from dragging in so much mud. It is lovely.
I have some vegetarian recipes over here, I will look for them and bring them over and you can copy the ones you like.
I haven't really been doing a written down menu, but rather having meals for the week sort of planned in my head! I have been really trying the last 2 weeks to look at the ads and get out the coupons and I've been getting some really good deals as a result. Contined bargain shopping, with a little added effort=$$$.

Unknown said...

Dawn, with as much as the puppies are outside, I'm sure you can't wait for the ground to dry up a little.

Yeah, I'm sure with Courtney you have lots of vegetarian recipes. If you find them I'd love to make some copies.

I have been looking at the coupons, too, but I haven't really been able to find ones that I would normally use. If you can get some, though, and use them when things are already on sale, then you save the big bucks!

Hannah said...

We have a lot of vegetarian recipes we really like. I've got some posted on my blog if you want to check 'em out! :)

Unknown said...

Hey, Hannah! I checked out the recipes that you have on your blog. Very yummy! I will definitely have to incorporate some of them into our meatless days. Thanks!