Tuesday, July 17, 2012

There is no too far


"I can never escape your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, You are there; if I go down to the grave, You are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there Your hand will guide me, and Your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night - but even in darkness I cannot hide from You. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to You." 
                                                                                                        Psalm 139:7-12

There is no too far. There is no going so far that God cannot reach you. I have seen people in my life who have run from God for so long that they feel like there is no turning back. They may think, "with everything I have done, God would never forgive me", or they may not even realize they are running from Him. But the truth is, there is no too far.

Whatever you have done in your life, wherever you have run, however you have sinned, God is there with you, just waiting to wash you clean of your sin and fill you with the peace you are lacking. There is no cleaning up first, for only God can wash you clean with the blood of Jesus. There is no doing good enough or saying the right thing or being perfect, there is only the perfect Grace of God, which by definition is given to us even when we don't deserve it.

If you are running from God today, running from your sin, trying desperately to slough off what you have done, whatever you have done, there is only one True answer. Stop running, fall on your knees in front of the only One who can truly wash you clean, and let Him take the load off your shoulders that you have been running under. Confess to Him that you have been running, what you have been running from, and ask Him to wash you clean. Oh, the peace and joy that comes from that freedom, will be like none you have ever experienced!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful post, Megan! You are right. There is nothing in this world that can compare to the freedom found in our Lord.

Thanks for linking up to What Works Wednesday.

Susan said...

Hi Megan,

I'm hopping over from WIP-Wednesdays, and I loved reading your thoughts. Even if we descend into the depths, He is there. What a comforting truth!

Thanks for sharing your heart!
Hugs from VA,
Susan

Unknown said...

This is so true! I read somewhere recently that people tend to think that when they run away from God, they must first travel back over all that landscape to get back to where God is. But the truth is he is right there with them as you said!

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday!
Mary Beth

Unknown said...

Thank you! It is so comforting to know that no matter where we have gone, God is there with us! I shared this lesson with my children just yesterday as we read the story of Jonah and the whale (one of their favorites).