Friday, May 11, 2012

From my Kitchen Friday: Broiled Tilapia

This recipe is incredibly simple. I came inside last night to begin preparations for my broccoli-stuffed chicken breast dinner, but when I got the chicken out of the fridge it was still frozen. So, I switched gears to broiled tilapia, because the fish comes out so tasty, and it is very easy to make. This fish is a favorite even with my kids! I knew I was going to make rice (the slower cooking kind, not instant), so I got my tilapia out of the freezer and set it on a cookie sheet on the stove-top to thaw while the rice was cooking.
Of course, I always have a helper (or three).

Once you are ready to cook the fish (my fish was thawed in some places and still a bit frozen in others, and it still cooked perfectly in just a few minutes), brush it first with melted butter, then sprinkle a mixture of seasoned salt and bread crumbs followed by a sprinkle of finely-chopped almonds.

Put under the broiler for 6 to 7 minutes. The fish is done when is comes apart easily with a fork. I served mine with pan-cooked broccoli and rice. Everyone had extra helpings!


Broiled Tilapia
Tilapia fillets
2 Tbsp butter, melted
seasoned salt
bread crumbs
finely chopped almonds

1. Grease a pan that is suitable for broiling. Place fish on pan and spread with melted butter. Combine seasoned salt and bread crumbs (the exact measurement doesn't really matter, it just depends on how seasoned you want your fish to be) and sprinkle onto the buttered fish. Sprinkle on finely chopped almonds.
2. Place pan under broiler for about 6 minutes. You will want to keep a close eye on it, because the fish will cook quickly. It is done cooking when it flakes apart easily with a fork. Serve immediately.

You will want to be ready to serve the fish when it comes out of the broiler, because it gets cool (and therefore nasty not as tasty) quickly.

Enjoy!

Posted on Feasting in Fellowship Fridays

No comments: