Thursday, August 16, 2012

I pray for her

She comes to my mind as I drive home from lunch with Daddy, my car full of our children and toys and imagination and "shushes" and "there are four of us in this car and if we were all that loud our ears would bleed."

That nameless woman finds herself right in the thick of my prayers, and I can't help but feel a connection. So I pray for her, and for every "her" that comes across this blog of mine with a need in her heart. That "she" is you, and she is me, and she is every women out there. Because until we find ourselves standing in the glorious presence of our Heavenly Father, we will always need prayer, always need support, always need each other.

for her with a heart that is mourning, I pray His gentle and loving and comforting hands to wrap around the broken pieces and gently hold on until the pain lessens

for her with a heart that is overwhelmed, I pray the Holy Spirit will rise up in peace and patience and understanding that this time of small children or disobedient teens or marital discord or over-work should bring us closer to His presence where we can find rest and be re-fueled

for her in an abusive situation, I pray that God would bring deliverance and protection and hope that there is hope, and healing for her wounds, both emotional and physical, and for someone, anyone, to come along-side and help lead her to safety

for her facing fear in the unknown, I pray that she would find rest in the One who knows her todays and tomorrows, and that even in the absence of answers He is there guiding her by the right hand along this crooked path

for her caught and stuck in sin, I pray that the Redeemer would open her eyes and ears to His Truth, that she would find freedom from her sin, find her salvation in Him, and discover His great plans for her future and hope

for every her who does not know Him, that she would finally allow Him to catch her and sweep her off her feet in the most glorious love story ever told

for every you who is a her, I pray that He who is Greater than any other would meet you right where you are, and fill you with what you need
 

To Him be all the Glory, forever and ever! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Mom

Live Inspired! said...

I saw your link on the intentional.me site today and since you were the post right before mine, paid you a visit :) It takes guts to share raw emotion, so kudos to you on that! I can relate to some of the things you have said in your blog..such as wanting to connect with other women, and not wanting to be "fake" so to speak and pretend everything is always ok. I think people have a hard time being real with each other for whatever reason, and it's a shame people have to worry so much about being judged by others for example. How freeing it is to be able to be your true authentic self with people :) Keep up the good work!

~Rebekah

Unknown said...

Thank you, Rebekah. It is hard to go beyond the comfortable shell that we put around ourselves, because in doing so we make ourselves vulnerable, but that is the place where true relationship lies. I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by :)

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! I so needed to hear this & realize someone is praying. This week I have had a one-two sucker punch to the face with life stuff. Thank you! For praying, giving hope to keep going with my head and hands raised high! Love ya and miss ya! Jamie G.

Unknown said...

It is so hard to connect yourself with others, for it means opening yourself up and being honest in ways you probably never thought you'd have to be. Thank you for sharing! Blessings!